Silvassa Municipal Council is an autonomous body established on 18th February 2006.
Silvassa Municipal council
The Municipal functions are of two types.
- Obligatory and
The Obligatory functions consist of:
- Construction, Repairs and maintenance of all public road in the Municipal area.
- The lighting of public road and places.
- To look after the health and sanitation needs of the people.
- To maintain the burial and cremation grounds.
- To supply water
- To maintain the public latrines etc.
The Discretionary function consists of;
- Maintenance of parts, and other recreation.
- Establishing or maintaining a public Hospital.
- Establishing or maintaining of Pre-Primary and Secondary Education.
- Establishing or maintaining homes for disabling or destitute person.
- Establishing or maintaining public building like Town halls, Municipal Offices, Shops, Municipal Market, Theatre, etc.